School In Session
NOTE: School Will Be In Session As Make-Up Days On The Following Dates:
- Monday, March 24, 2014;
- Tuesday, March 25, 2014;
- Wednesday, March 26, 2014;
- Thursday, March 27, 2014;
- Friday, March 28, 2014; and,
- Friday, May 30, 2014.
PLEASE NOTE: If additional school days are cancelled due to inclement weather SSC will add one (1) hour of instructional time for six (6) consecutive school days to make-up the lost day of instruction. SSC will attempt to give students, parents, and staff a one (1) week notice of the dates to be extended. The dismissal times on extended instructional days will be as follows: SES 3:45 P.M. and SMS/SHS 3:55 P.M. Notice of schedule changes will be sent via School Reach.
SHENANDOAH SCHOOL CORPORATION
5100 NORTH RAIDER ROAD MIDDLETOWN, IN 47356
Ph (765) 354-2266 Fx (765) 354-2274
Administrative Office Hours:
6:30am- 4:00pm Weekdays
Zero Dollar Electric Bill Thanks to Wind Turbine
By Eldon Pitts / The Middletown News
The wind turbine on the Shenandoah School Corp. campus already is saving the corporation money, Supt; Ron Green told school board members Monday night.
"For the period from mid-January through mid-February the Shenandoah School Corporation actually had a zero dollar electric bill for the three buildings," Green said.
Besides the recent severe winter weather, "we have also had a lack of wind for the month of February," Green said. "As superintendent, that's kind of a double-edged sword.
"I want the wind because I want to see the wind turbine turning and generating electricity," Green said. "But with snow on the ground, I did not want to see the wind because I did not want the roads closed so we could go ahead and have school."
Green said he was pleased that additional minutes would not yet have to be added to the school day.
"Hopefully everyone is aware of the fact that if we do have to miss another day of instruction, we will be adding one hour per day for six days to make up for one day of instruction.
"We felt like the hour, and adding minutes to each of our classes at the middle school and high school, would be most conducive to instruction and to benefits that students can receive in each of their classes."
Green also had some other good news.
"We have been notified through the Indiana School Boards Association that for the fifth year in a row, the Shenandoah School Board has been named an 'outstanding board.' That's based upon experience and professional development that they attend.
"So congratulations to our school board members. They work diligently training and preparing, and they do work as professionals," Green said. "We do appreciate that."
Non-Resident Student Admission Information
The Shenandoah School Corporation (SSC) is currently accepting requests to transfer to Shenandoah from Out of District (Transfer) Students for the remainder of 2013-2014 and for the 2014-2015 school year.
Have a question about our schools? Please call (765)354-2266
and we will be glad to assist!
GOALS FOR 2014
- Empower Principals, other school leaders, and teachers to escalate instructional effectiveness and literacy in all classrooms.
- Increase rigor and depth of learning through continued curriculum alignment, mapping, and the use of formative assessments and data analysis to ensure mastery of standards and college and career readiness.
- Increase the number of students who complete AP and Dual Credit courses and earn college credit.
- Promote bullying prevention and good citizenship through character education, student programs, and consistent modeling of respect for others.
- Increase effective use of technology in instruction, communication, and access to information.
- Continue to implement financial efficiencies that reflect funding realities through the Indiana Department of Education, Indiana General Assembly, the office of the Governor, and Henry County for 2014-2015.
SHENANDOAH SCHOOL CORPORATION
“A Place For All Learners”