School in Session
NOTICE . . . NOTICE . . . NOTICE
EVENING EVENT BUILDING ENTRY
Please Use Door 6 and Door 11
Due to the construction of the new Media Center and Physical Educational Facility on the Shenandoah campus this winter, all fans attending sporting events will need to enter through door 6 or door 11. Door 6 is the main entrance to the Shenandoah Middle School gym located on the east side of the building. Door 11 is the set of doors that are located nearest to the Shenandoah softball field and is on the west side of the building. Parking is limited on the west side near door 11. There will not be an entrance into the Shenandoah cafeteria area.
Fans with special needs are asked to call the SHS athletic office at 354-6640 during school hours to obtain a parking pass that will allow you to park as near the building as possible. We appreciate your patience through the building process!!
2012-2013 National School Lunch
Free and Reduced Program Information
Children need healthy meals to learn. Shenandoah Middle School offers healthy meals every school day. The breakfast regular price is $ .75; lunch is $1.60. Your children may qualify for free meals or for reduced price meals. Reduced price is $ .30 for breakfast and $ .40 for lunch.
1. Who can get free or reduced price meals? All c hildren in households receiving Food Stamps or TANF can get free meals regardless of your income. Also, if your household income is within the limits on the Federal Income Chart, your children can get free or reduced price meals.
2. Do I need to fill out an application for each child? No. Complete the application to apply for free or reduced price meals. Use one application for all students in your household. We cannot approve an application that is not complete, so be sure to fill out all required information. Return the completed application to: Shenandoah Elementary School
3. Can foster children get free meals? Yes, foster children that are under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court, are eligible for free meals. Any foster child in the household is eligible for free meals regardless of income.
4. My child's application was approved last year. Do I need to fill out another one? Yes. Your child's application is only good for that school year and for the first few days of this school year. You must send in a new application unless the school told you that your child is eligible for the new school year.
5. Should I fill out an application if I received a letter this school year saying my children are approved for free meals? Please read the letter you got carefully and follow the instructions. Call the school at (765) 354-6636 if you have questions.
6. I get WIC. Can my children get free meals? Children in households participating in WIC may be eligible for free or reduced price meals. Please fill out an application.
7. Can migrant, homeless, or runaway children get free meals? Yes, children who meet the definition of homeless, runaway, or migrant qualify for free meals. If you haven't been told your children will get free meals, please call or e-mail Wendy Riggs, Coordinator (765) 354-6636 to see if they qualify.
8. May I apply if someone in my household is not a U. S. citizen? Yes. You or your children do not have to be a U.S. citizen to qualify for free or reduced price meals.
9. Who should I include as members of my household? You must include all people living in your household, related or not (such as grandparents, other relatives, or friends) who share income and expenses. You must include yourself and all children who live with you. If you live with other people who are economically independent (for example, people who do not support, who do not share income with you or your children, and who pay a pro-rate share of expenses), do not include.
10. Will the information I give be checked? Yes, we may ask you to provide written proof.
11. What if my income is not always the same? List the amount that you normally receive. For example, if you normally get $1000 each month, but you missed some work last month and only got $900, put down that you get $1000 per month. If you normally get overtime include it, but do not include it if you only work overtime sometimes. If you have lost a job or had your hours or wages reduced, use your current income.
12. We are in the military; do we include our housing allowance as income? If you get an off-base housing allowance, it must be included as income. However, ifyour housing is part of the Military Housing Privatization Initiative, do not include your housing allowance as income.
13. My spouse is deployed to a combat zone. Is her/his combat pay counted as income? No, if the combat pay is received in addition to her basic pay because of her deployment and it wasn't received before she was deployed, combat pay is not counted as income. Contact your school for more information.
14. If I don't qualify now, may I apply again later? Yes. You may apply at any time during the school year. For example, children with a parent or guardian who becomes unemployed may become eligible for free and reduced price meals if the household income drops below the income limit.
15. My family needs more help. Are there other programs available? To find out how to apply for food stamps or other assistance benefits, contact your local assistance office.
16. What if I disagree with the school's decision about my application? You should talk to the school officials. You also may ask for a hearing by calling or writing to the Central Office at (765) 354-2266.
We cannot approve an application that is not complete, so be sure to fill out all required information. Return the completed application to: Wendy Riggs, Coordinator, Shenandoah School Corporation, 5256 North Raider Road, Middletown, IN 47356
If you have other questions or need help, call (765) 354-2266
Si necesita ayuda, por favor llame at teléfono: (765) 354-2266
Si vous voudriez d'aide, contactez nous au numero: (765) 354-2266 .
Greg Allen, Principal
Shenandoah Middle School
2012/2013 Book Rental and Supplemental Fees
**This amount does not reflect additional charges that will be incurred if your student elects special course offerings.
2012/2013 Supply Lists
New Paid Lunch Prices for 2012-2013