March 3, 2020
To: Shenandoah School Corporation Students, Parents, and Staff Members
From: Ron Green, Superintendent of Schools
By now I am sure everyone has heard on the news about the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). Please be assured SSC School officials are monitoring our school children for flu-like symptoms and following all protocols from the Henry County Health Department, the Indiana State Department of Health, and the Centers for Disease Control. We will continue to share information with teachers and staff as it is updated from these organizations.
At this time everyone is encouraged to practice good health hygiene to prevent the spread of any illness, including viruses. Steps include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
SSC wants all children to be happy and safe. We know you will be monitoring your children’s health at home as we will continue to do at school. Please contact your school if you have any questions.